What is a backup?
- Backup refers to the copying of physical or virtual files to a secondary site for preservation in case of equipment failure or disaster. -techtarget.com
- Backups are a snapshot in time data that is considered vulnerable should be backed up.
- From Webster – first known use of backup 1910
- A backup is when you can copy and save the information in your device. If you were to ever replace your device you can use the information from you backup.
Types of backups
- full – iTunes backup – http://dirtytechtalk.net/itunes ***coming soon
- Contacts only / Photos Only / App data only
Who is reponsible for backups? – Not your provider….
6 Reasons to backup
- Total Loss (Bonus:Clone for a new phone)
- Some things can’t be replicated!
- Child’s Dance recital
- Sunset picture on the honeymoon
- Lost Contacts, you can’t call them to ask for their number…
Pictures/Notes/Contacts can be reviewed and available even if you didn’t have your phone..
Organize your data on a larger screen with full keyboard
- Phone defect
- Virus/Spy ware corruption
Must have multiple copies of backups as you might not know where infection happened
- Peace of Mind
- Simple to do and doesn’t take much time.
- Form a habit!!
Saying: You never really know how much something means to you until its gone.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get the Dirty Tech Talk Backup checklist! Available soon! Sign up here